The National Honey Board (NHB) is excited to bring honey’s beautiful story to the magical world of Disney in the way of a sweet partnership. From February 28th to May 28th the NHB is participating in the annual Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival to educate festival goers about honey bees and how honey is made.
The NHB area, sweetly known as the “Honey Bee-stro,” will feature beautifully designed educational posters that highlight honey’s journey from bee to bottle, focusing on how bees make the honey, how beekeepers harvest and prepare the honey, and finally the delicious varietals offered with honey including clover, orange blossom and buckwheat.
In addition to the educational element, the Honey Bee-stro will also have honey-inspired food and beverage item available for purchase including:
- Roasted Cauliflower with Buckwheat Honey Carrot Puree, Wild Rice Pilaf, Asparagus, Honey Blistered Grapes and Sunflower Brittle (GF) (V)
- Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread with White Cheddar Cheese, charred vegetables, Clover Honey Sour Cream and Micro Watercress
- Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Orange Blossom Honey Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Orange Blossom Brewing Co. Orange Blossom Pilsner, Orlando, FL
- Honey-Peach Cobbler Freeze with Blueberry Vodka
- Honey-Peach Cobbler Freeze (Non-Alcoholic)
At a time when pollinators are at the forefront of not only the media, but also in the public’s minds, this partnership feels like a perfect fit and we are so excited to see honey’s beautiful story brought to life in a way only Disney can do. If you are in the Orlando area, or plan on going during the duration of the Flower and Garden show, we would love for you to stop in and to see your photos from the Honey Bee-stro!