NAPPC Roadside Managers Award
Pollinator Roadways is an initiative of the North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (NAPPC) to recognize transportation agencies who are leading the field in pollinator-friendly roadside practices. In 2019 NAPPC will be awarding its 4th annual Pollinator Roadside Management Award.
There will be an award for state projects and another for county/local/regional projects.
Award Criteria – Government Transportation Agency:
• Demonstrates an exemplary long-term commitment to provide pollinator habitat along roadsides.
• Plants or seeds pollinator supporting vegetation.
• Promotes vegetation management practices (mowing, pesticide use, etc.) within the agency that incorporate the needs of pollinators.
• Can describe the positive impacts of the agency’s pollinator initiative for animals and people.
• Engages the public through education and outreach as well as signage.
• Documented roadside miles impacted by the agency’s pollinator initiative, and plans for the future.
• Nomination Period: October 2018 – June 1, 2019
• Deadline for Applications: June 1, 2019
• Award Announced: Summer/Fall 2019
To nominate a transportation agency please complete the online application at www.pollinator.org/roadsides#roadsides-manager-award or email the completed form below to email@example.com by June 1, 2019.
P. S. Have you seen our newest column in Bee Culture? It’s called ALL AROUND THE BEEYARD. Simply put, it’s a page of good ideas sent in by readers to make life in bees faster, simpler, easier, cheaper and better. Good ideas home grown and shared by those who saw a good idea. If you have a good idea you’d like to share, give us a paragraph or two on what it is, and a drawing or photo of what it looks like if that is needed to better share the idea. Send it in an email to Kim@Beeculture.com, with All Around in the subject line. Best of the month wins $100.00. The others get a free 1 year subscription. How cool is that?