On Jan. 9th, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue announced the appointment of six individuals to serve on the National Honey Board.
Members and alternates newly appointed to serve three-year terms are:
- Douglas M. Hauke, Marshfield, Wis. (producer member).
- Mark A. Jensen, Power, Mont. (producer alternate).
- Tim Burleson, Waxahachie, Texas (first handler alternate).
- Gregory Brekke Olsen, Chaska, Minn. (importer-handler member).
- Mathias Leitner, Gilbert, Ariz. (importer-handler alternate)
- Eric S. Wenger of Peabody, Kan. (reappointed, first handler member).
“The wide range of experience represented on the board is key to the success of the innovative research, education and promotional work they do to expand domestic markets for honey and honey products through consumer education,” said Perdue. “The board can count on USDA to continue to be a trusted partner to the honey industry.”
The 20-member National Honey Board is composed of three first handler representatives, two importer representatives, one importer-handler representative, three producer representatives, one marketing cooperative representative, and an alternate for each.