We have some great presenters coming to the California Honey Festival- people like Margaret Lombard, CEO of the national Honey Board, Gene Brandi of the ABF, Billy Synck of Project Apis M., Pollinator Partnership, Planet Bee Foundation, Marie Simmons who wrote the cookbook ‘Taste of Honey’, and so many more.
This free family friendly street festival is being held on the Disney-esque historic Downtown Main Street in Woodland, CA. It has something for everyone with great food, live music, carnival rides, art and craft vendors, and incredible bee & honey related entertainment.
A large part of our mission at the Honey Festival is providing as many learning experiences about bees, pollination, and honey as possible. To help make that happen, we have some festival elements I want to tell you about that I think you’ll really love:
- The Honey Lab- this space is co-sponsored by the UC Davis Honey & Pollination Center and will feature a large interactive version of their ‘Honey Wheel’ teaching people about the nuances of honey flavor.
- The Pollinator Park- we’re constructing a tiny little ‘parklette’ filled with pollinator plants, and the Garden Stage will be embedded in it featuring speakers talking about gardening for bees.
- Busy Bee Kids Zone- this area offers hands on kid’s activities teaching about bees and pollination. A kids stage featuring the Planet Bee Foundation and Uncle Jer’s Travelling Bee Show
- Culinary Stage- chefs from all over the country are coming to present on this stage and teach people about cooking with honey- both savory and sweet
- Mead Speakeasy- Yep- you read that right! In a secret location in one of the vintage buildings lining the street, we’re hosting a Mead Speakeasy with 4-5 meaderies pouring