Sent out by California State Beekeepers.
Below is a statement from Roger Cline with the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
During the January 19, 2017 Honey Bee Shipment meeting, a request was made concerning the best times that could possibly assist the more effective movement of apiary shipments. A review of the data shows that February (and most months) the general traffic pattern by day of week below.
Please note the following:
- Only the major stations seeing the most apiary shipments are listed
- All station general patterns
- Graveyard shifts are usually staffed with fewest personnel and was not charted
- Sunday and Monday are the heaviest traffic days
- Day shift lowest volume of traffic is on Wednesday
- Swing shift lowest volume of traffic on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Fluctuation of traffic would define best hours as
- Day being 7 am through noon
- Swing being 6 pm through Midnight
- Hours between noon and 6 pm are usually the busiest of all times
- Specific stations times are as listed in the chart below (L being usually the lowest traffic times but staffing levels could affect workload)
- Pest digital identification submission to the entomologists end at 9pm and start up at 7am